Monday, February 5, 2018

New Project!


I wanted to try the stockings in a smaller size and make a quilt for me, with all stocking blocks. I reduced the design to 9" x 7" and modified the stocking slightly to make it simpler and a bit wider. I am using scraps and homespuns from my stash and all black for the block backs, which is also a homespun style, something like linen.

I am thinking of using a red that is in the same line, as sashing for the blocks, I think that will set it off nicely, then I can do a black binding. I just wanted something simple to make for fun that I can use next year and a great way to use up some of my stash.


This weekend wasn't very nice, too cold on Saturday to stay outside for more than a few minutes. On Sunday we had rain in the forecast, but not till later in the day, so we headed to the beach. It was so nice to walk on the beach and no one else around. Then it started to sprinkle, then rain which was more like ice, so we had to give up. I was disappointed since we hit the tide as it was going out, a perfect time to walk up and down the beach, and look for treasures.

We did find some glass and I grabbed lots of small rocks to play with, so hopefully I can make something this week, for my room.



10 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

I think your stocking quilt will be really cool.
Crazy weather doesn't keep you home :)
Lauren

Kate said...

Your stockings are looking good, Debbie.

Lady Locust said...

I do like your stockings (of course.). Also great glass finds. Will be curious to see what becomes of those rocks. I have rocks in my yard, in my house, in my head - oops, wasn't s'pose to share that :-)

Saundra said...

All the stockings are lovely but I particularly am drawn to the first one for some reason.

Julie Fukuda said...

I just can't help smiling when I look at your rocks. I have the feeling had I been there, I would have been attracted to the same ones!

Fiona said...

love the idea for your stocking quiilt.... will look lovely..... must be really cold and wet to keep you in!
Hugz

Allie-oops Designs said...

Those stockings are darling!! Love all the rocks you found and what you do with them!

Raymond Homestead said...

The stocking quilt will look great!

Anna said...

you are making me excited about holiday projects!!!

Karen said...

You are doing good keeping up with the Kathy Schmitz stitcheries.