Monday, March 6, 2017

Monday Work and Wanderings!


The fun thing about a new month is a new design from Kathy, from her One Stitch at a Time Club. This month was a fun spring design and it was something nice that I could work on this weekend and finish today.

I Colored in the bee black and yellow with my art markers, I like the touch of color. I also added the saying. I think this would be a fun inspirational piece for someone who needs a lift, during a bad time. I also added some lavender so I can use it as a sachet, as well.

My flash was acting up, so I had a hard time getting a good shot.


I also realized that I forgot something on my new bunny piece. I forgot his whiskers. I wanted to add them last, so the good thing was, I could add them on with a needle. They are not permanent, but I like how it gives it a 3D look.


Saturday Bill was sick again, so we stayed home and he rested. On Sunday I wanted to get out so we took a ride to Connecticut, so we could enjoy the views from the car, it was cold out. We sat for awhile and watched the boats coming and going, the ferry coming in and a fishing boat, going out.


As we drove out, I noticed the college, it is an extension of UConn for Marine studies. The grounds are beautiful and they have a lot of beautiful old stone buildings, so we drove in and took a look around.

This is the Branford House Mansion, now it is used for weddings and other venues and you are allowed to walk around the grounds. The bad thing is, the geese leave messes all over, so you have to watch where you walk, lol. You can see the moon, up above.


There is also a small lighthouse on the grounds and the perfect place to enjoy the views of Long Island sound. It was nice to get out and nice to see something new, I will definitely go back when it is warmer. I couldn't get great photos since my fingers were freezing. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.


8 comments:

Sandi said...

Whiskers! That's what he was missing, leave them how they are I like the look.

Your Kathy piece is lovely. When I get around to stitching mine I may do bullion knots for a 3-D look.

You had gorgeous but cold weather to enjoys we got snow with more expected tonight, the stuff from last night is already gone.

annie said...

Love your work, I noticed the bunny. Very dapper!
The bees so sweet.
Too bad about the geese, but those are great photos!

Karen said...

I like the bee pillow a lot. A nice summery design.

acorn hollow said...

I love your bee happy and as always great views. Hope your husband is feeling better
Cathy

Kate said...

Beautiful pillow, Debbie!

Fiona said...

I love that little pillow. Kathy's designs are lovely. I have just ordered a book of hers.

I hope Bill feels heaps better soon...
Hugz

Rugs and Pugs said...

I know what you mean about the geese. They are disgusting!!!
Hope hubby is all better!
Lauren

Allie-oops Designs said...

Love her designs, that's cute! The 3d whiskers are awesome. Sorry to hear Bill wasn't feeling well, I hope he's all better now. Lovely pics!